Monday, February 27, 2012

Black Bread and Honey and Meat Pie Oh My

I've decided that a great first book would be Game of Thrones.  You can't go anywhere without seeing a person reading it, and with good reason: it's a great book.  Food plays a huge roll in the book, and the food alone has become wildly popular almost on a cult-like level.  There are books and websites a plenty based on it.  When the HBO show aired (awesome) Tom Colicchio sent food trucks throughout the city with his own rendition of Game of Thrones inspired foods.  So, I've been reading the book and writing down all the foods mentioned.  Tyrion eats crab legs when he visits the wall, Eddard and Co. dine on garlic and herb crusted ribs at King's landing.  They are always eating black bread and honey, lemon tarts, stews and rashers of bacon.  The possibilities are endless!  I haven't checked out the recipes others have created, at this point I'm wanting to come up with my own and not get influenced by others.  We'll see, the food list is ever-growing and there are so many directions I could take this in.

As of right now, the date of this meal will be Saturday, March 24th, people are welcome to come at 7:30, dinner will be served at 8:00.  If you would like to get your geek on @ Game of Thrones feast-night, email me to grab a seat to this: Leeya448@gmail.com
I will post a menu ASAP, but heads up, there will definitely be "too much"meat and cheese for those with dietary restrictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment