Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Join The Club...


There are all types of people in this world, sometimes I think we're all different, then there are times I think we're all the same. I do know that many of my favorite people share a few things in common, and are all in search of the answers to life's greatest questions:
When is my next meal, and what's it gonna be?
When can I have my next glass of wine?
Who has read this book, I need to talk to someone about it!?
For the past few years, I have been part of a book club with some of my best friends. When we meet, the four of us cook a feast inspired by our book. We consume lots of wine and food and discuss our book until we're ready to burst. Many people have shown interest in our book club, mainly because it's one they would actually enjoy being a part of.  Let's face it folks, when you add wine and good food to anything, fun ensues, every time....
I love cooking and throwing dinner parties, and nothing makes me happier than seeing my guests happy and full.  I've decided the time has come to open my door to those in search of the answers to the aforementioned questions (you should also live in or frequent Astoria!).   
The Plan:
1.) The Astoria Book and Supper Club will meet on Saturday nights, every five weeks or so, giving everyone time to read the book and decide if they want to attend the meal
2.) I post the Book shortly followed by a Menu inspired by the book, along with the donation price of admission, based on my menu ($35-50)
3.) You decide if you want to come to that meeting-ie: eat the food, discuss the book, donate the $
if yes:  EMAIL me and I'll  reserve you a seat at the table!  I can comfortably (by NYC standards) fit 8-10 people at the table(s).  
4.) You show up on the scheduled night starving, with your drink of choice in hand.  You've read the book and you're ready to discuss it and you have your  meal  "donation".
5.) If you're a serial killer, you get full from an appetizer or you're allergic to cats-this is probably not going to work out for one of us.
I'm very open to any suggestions on future books, I would love to hear from all of you!
The Astoria Book and Supper Club is a long time coming, and I'm looking very forward to welcoming you into my home and cooking you a memorable meal!
Lisa Commisso

2 comments:

  1. How many murders constitutes a "serial" killer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough question, I would say zero and up-I don't want to be the first victim either!

      Delete