Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Godfather: The Menu

So, I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse (yeah, I went there).  I will be cooking Mario Puzo's book, The Godfather, you may have heard of it, on Sunday, April 14th at 7:00PM.  It'll be a real Italian Sunday dinner, and I'm very excited to cook and host this!

Course one will be a family-style spread:

Stuffed Calamari (my version is lemon, the tentacles, capers, pignoli nuts and parsley)
Caponata (fried eggplant, onion, tomatoes, peppers and olives)
Prosciutto and Soppresata from Calabria Pork Store on Arthur Avenue
Fresh Mozzarella and Talleggio from Casa della Mozzarella on Arthur Avenue
Pork Bread from Rose and Joe's Bakery in Astoria
My Homemade Sweet and Hot Red Onion Marmalade
Arancini 

Course Two:
Sunday Sauce (with sausage and my Nonna's meatballs) over
Fresh Colossal Homemade Rigatoni

Course Three:
Veal Chop Milanese topped with an arugula fennel and citrus salad.

Course 4:
Nutella and Mascarpone Filled Cannoli
Peaches, Oranges and Grapes in Red Wine

Dinner and a non-stop flow of Chianti will be $60, or you can BYOB for $50.  So, get yourself a copy of Mario Puzo's The Godfather, start reading and let me know if you want to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment