Monday, July 27, 2015

Gone Girl Menu

The time has come to host the first Manhattan chapter of the Astoria Book and Supper Club.  I am all ready to host and cook for my dear 'club members'.  I thought the book Gone Girl would be a great first book.  I do like to host a book that takes place in NY, it gives me more inspiration.  

Funny thing: when I read the book I was in the process of packing for my big move to the city (and in with Darin), and the fact that this couple's lives fell apart after they left Manhattan freaked me out a bit.  Hehehe...The book was totally creepy and suspenseful, and I could not put it down! 

Without further adieu, here is the menu with allergy friendly notes for my allergic friends out there!

Course One:
Frito Pie: Cheesy chicken chili baked over fritos and topped with onion, cilantro and avocado
(GF and can be made dairy free)

Course Two:
St Louis BBQ Spareribs with pickled cucumbers
(dairy, gluten and shellfish free)

Course Three:
Lobster Tail Thermidor with Haricot Verts
(can be made gluten and dairy free, plus with chicken thighs for shellfish free)

Course Four:
Crepes (GF and can be made dairy free)
Fillings: Chocolate Hazelnut Mascarpone with seasonal fruit and whipped cream

Dinner will be served at 7:00PM
Saturday, September 26th
The price will be $45 and BYOB

No comments:

Post a Comment