Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Confederacy of Dunces: The Menu

Very exciting news: the next supper club book will be A Confederacy of Dunces, written by tragic genius, John Kennedy Toole.  The book just happens to take place in New Orleans, and I've decided to host the supper the weekend after my return from that very place.  Fresh off a visit to the Big Easy, I'm sure I'll be very inspired to do New Orleans right! 

To Start:

A Sazerac Cocktail and homemade Cajun-Style Potato Chips

 Char-Broiled Oyster

Shrimp and Grit Balls
A play on shrimp and grits, these are deep fried:  crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside

The Ignatius Dog
What happens when you cross a hot dog with classic Muffaletta!

Crispy Soft Shell Crab
w/ Remoulade Sauce and Roasted Corn Salad

King Cake
w/ a hidden baby Ignatius 

The particulars:
Supper will be held on Saturday, September 15th 2012.
Arrive anytime after 7:30, Dinner will be served promptly at 8:00 PM
The meal is $40, you can always BYOB or partake in my booze, for an additional $15
I will be concocting my version of a Pimm's Cup

READ THIS BOOK!  It's great, and most probably like nothing you've ever read!
Email me if you would like to reserve a seat: leeya448@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment