Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cancellation Policy! (cause nobody wants it to get awkward)

As I prepare for my third supper club, I think back on the first two "meetings" and the part I dread the most is the inevitable cancellation late in the game.  I totally understand that things come up, but I also need to protect myself from losing too much money.  I already feel awkward enough taking money from friends and acquaintances, who like myself live in one of the most expensive places on earth, and most likely are at many times, strapped for cash.  In exchange for the money I work very hard to create a beautiful, fun and comfortable setting for my guests, cook them a fabulous dinner and create some hopefully interesting discussion questions.  This all being said, here's what I think may be a fair cancellation policy:
I reconfirm one week from the dinner with my guests who have reserved a seat.
I typically begin my food shopping about three to four days prior to the supper.
If a cancellation happens 2 and 3 days before the event, I'm owed 50%.
The day before I'm owed 100%
The day of, I'm owed 100% and a reason that would make me feel really bad that I even asked what the reason was!
I hope most of this can be taken in jest, and that the policy won't ever have to be enforced!
Thanks to all who come and support, I really appreciate it, and have a lot of fun entertaining you!


No comments:

Post a Comment