Monday, September 15, 2014

The Next Astoria Book and Supper Club: To Kill A Mockingbird

So it's been a very long time, and cooking Harper Lee's Classic, To Kill A Mockingbird is long overdue!  I'm almost done reading it, and I loved it so much.  I'm pretty sure I read it in school, but it did not leave an impact me like it just has.  What a wonderful book that I'm dying to keep reading but sad that it's going to end.  I get to rewatch the movie and to cook this meal, so I'll get to keep thinking about it a little while longer. 

In the book, their Christmas dinner is described as having three kinds of meat, so this dinner will have no less (but really more) than three kinds of meat.  Wear some really comfy clothes to this one folks!

Sunday Afternoon Dinner

To Start:
Crackling Biscuits with Maple Butter

First Course:
Nuggets of Fried Chicken 
Fried Boneless Chicken thighs over Lisa's Country Potato Salad

Second Course:
Coca Cola Glazed Ham
Sliced and served with Pickled Peaches

Third Course:
Fried Pork Chops
Flour dusted fried pork chops served with Lisa's Baked Beans & Collard Greens

Dessert:
Ambrosia Kebabs (featuring moonshine cherries) and Miss Maude's Lane Cake

I know it sounds like a lot, but I will keep the portions edible! 

The Vitals:
Dinner will begin at 4:00PM Sunday, October 26th 2014
Wear you Sunday's best/most loose!
The meal will cost $40pp and if you would like to partake in some spiked lemonade, it will be $50pp
Feel free to BYOB as always! 
If you have any questions please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment